Apology's Letters

Cheating, more often than not, will result in a very awkward and stressful situation for both parties concerned in the relationship. If you have cheated and wish to apologize for your mistake, then writing an apology letter will not only show your sincerity but it may also help to express everything you want to say in a less than ideal situation.
Below are samples of an apology letter for cheating. Depending on your situation, these letters are written to address different needs.
________________________________________________________________

Appology Letter Askin For Another Chance

If you have cheated on your partner but want another go at the relationship, then you might like to include a plea in your apology letter to be given another chance to make things better.

Dearest .......... ,
Sometimes, there are simply no words that can adequately express the depth of a person's feelings that are plagued by regret, guilt and sadness for a wrong done. This is my predicament now for hurting you so badly when you trusted me so.

A thousand "I'm sorry" I'm willing to say but I know it can't undo what has been done and it won't ease the pain in your heart. Instead, let me write this to let you know that I regretted my actions and cheating on you is certainly an unforgivable mistake. I totally deserve all the anger and resentment from you for what I have put you through.

However, it also pains me to see you suffering as a result of my misbehavior. Guilt burns in my heart thinking of all the hurt that you must have felt because of my recklessness. Each time that I think of you, I get angry with myself because I can imagine all the bitter tears you must have shed when you learned of my indiscretion.

I'm feeling like this because I know there is still love for you glowing in my heart. Otherwise, I wouldn't have cared one bit and moved on. But I don't want this relationship to end simply because I still care deeply about you and love you with all my heart. I truly want you to be happy again with me still being a part of your life.

Well, a mistake is a mistake. I know I don't have the right to ask anything from you when I have foolishly betrayed your trust in me. But if you can find it in your heart to forgive me and give me another opportunity to prove to you how much I love you, I will be very, very relieved indeed. For that would mean, I still have the chance to love and cherish you. And a chance to make your future a happier one with more laughter and less tears.

Lastly, I just want to say that I have faith in my love for you. I have faith that we will overcome the odds and make our relationship even better than before. Give me another chance and I have faith that, one day, we will look back at this and be glad that we didn't walk away from each other.

Loving you always,
  ......................
_________________________________________________________________

I'm Sorry Letter With A Wish For Your Partner's Happiness 

Sometimes, it will be hard to demand anything from your partner when you have cheated on him/her. For all the hurt you have caused, you might not want to put unnecessary pressure on your partner to reconcile with you. In fact, what you simply want may be just for him/her to be happy to lessen your own guilt.

Dearest ......... ,

First, let me say that I'm sorry for the hurt that I have caused you. I know an apology now will do little to heal the pain. I know it's useless to say sorry when the mistake seems unforgivable. But neither do I want to remain silent as if I don't care one bit about what I have done and the bitterness it brought you.

Not many can live with the idea of being cheated upon. Not many can put the past behind them and revive a troubled relationship. Not many can, again, find happiness in a man/woman who has betrayed their trust. I understand that perfectly. The wound in your heart requires time to heal and it is only right that I allow you the space to do so.

This relationship of ours is now at a crossroad. But I know that the decision of where we go from here is not mine to make. I have relinquished that right when I cheated on you. If you feel that you can no longer find it in your heart to love me the way you used to do, I will accept your decision, although it will be with a ton of regret and sadness. Because deep in my heart, I still love you and wish fervently for a chance for our relationship to bloom once again.

But to me, what matters is your happiness and well-being. If you can no longer feel love, trust and security in our relationship, and wish to walk away, I won't stop you. Once again, I'm truly sorry for what I have done. Whatever you decide from hereon, all I want is just for you to be happy and for the pain in your heart to go away. And hopefully, it will, one day, very soon.

Thinking of you,
..........................
_________________________________________________________________

Apology Letter With A Separation Request

If you want to initiate a separation after you have cheated on your partner, you can also explain that in your apology letter. While that seems a little cruel, sometimes, we may indeed need to be cruel in order to be kind, especially if we know the relationship would not last.Dear .......... ,

A successful relationship is built on love, respect and trust. And when trust is broken, it is not easy to rebuild. It is me who allowed the trust to evaporate overnight between us with my selfishness and unfaithfulness. For that, I'm really sorry for all the hurt and pain that I have inflicted on you.

I know no amount of apologies will be sufficient to heal the wound in your heart. Because of that, I don't know what else I can do to make you feel better, except perhaps, for me to give you the time and space to lessen the pain. A separation will also give both of us a chance to collect our thoughts and decide where we want to go from here.

It is not easy to commit a wrong and then walk away. The guilty feeling never fails to gnaw at the heart. As much as I want to say sorry and promise you happiness once again, I also do not want to end up hurting you even more months down the road. It is just too cruel to make promises now that I sincerely do not know whether I will be able to keep, given the many challenges in our relationship todate.

I know there should be no excuses for cheating. But what is done cannot be undone. I have hurt you badly. I have failed to be a faithful partner. I have betrayed the trust you put in me. The onus is now on me to rebuild the foundation of our relationship and regain your trust. But this is also where I fear I will fail horribly. Instead of making things better, I'm just afraid I will end up prolonging your misery.

So, that is why I believe a separation will do us a world of good. Let the dust settle and we will be able to look into our hearts and see a clearer picture of our feelings for each other. If ours is a true love, I'm sure we will find a way back to each other's arms. If we don't, perhaps, it is just not meant to be.

I'm sorry once again for all the hurt I have caused. Time will heal all wounds and I hope the next time we meet, it will be under less stressful circumstances, whatever the status of our relationship may be.

'Till then please take good care of yourself.

Sincerely yours,
...........................

If You Want To Share Your Experience On Cheating...........Feel Free To Write Your Thoughts Here

_________________________________________________________________





_________________________________________________________________